Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bender

Hot on the heels of the breaking up of the Wells Group came Bender. This one was quite odd for me actually since I wasn't a part of the formation of the group... rather I was taking a class with John Cantwell (in the white shirt) at the time and he asked if I wanted to attend a rehearsal with his group. I said sure, why not... I was looking for another outlet, and I remember walking into the first rehearsal nervous as balls. But every member of Bender was a devoted and caring friend to me from the get go. I joined shortly thereafter. I was very excited to be working with such a caring group of improvisers. And I met Nicole Drespel, a terrific and close friend that I don't know what I'd do without.

Shortly thereafter Bender split due to conflicting schedules and what not, but to quote a Metallica song that no one likes "The Memory Remains," and I look back with fondness on a team that took me in and helped me grow as a teammate and a performer. Also, I think we may have had one of the only successful shows "The City" ever had... boy oh boy, guys, remember that venue? Ech...

This is a marriage counselor scene. I still wear that blue shirt everyonce in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment